at Exempla Good Samaritan we are ...
Selfless. Caring. Generous. Compassionate.
The volunteers of Exempla Good Samaritan Medical Center all have one thing in common: a dedication to service. Service that goes beyond self, generously delivered with care and compassion.
As a volunteer, you will be an extension of our healthcare team, sharing your time and talents throughout our brand new facility. You will make a difference in the lives of our patients and family members. You will become the hands and feet of the Good Samaritan, dedicated to putting our patients at the center of all that is done at Exempla Good Samaritan Medical Center.
Each day volunteers at Exempla Good Samaritan Medical Center make a positive difference in the lives of patients, staff, and guests. Volunteers provide a personal and compassionate approach to patient and guest service.
People of all ages, from all walks of life, and with diverse backgrounds and skills choose to give their time at Exempla Good Samaritan Medical Center. You only need to have a desire to help others to be a qualified candidate for volunteering.
Individuals volunteer in approximately 27 different departments assisting with a variety of tasks and services. Volunteering is a great way to meet new people and gain new experiences. It may help you make a career choice or give you exposure to a completely new environment. It makes you feel good and is good for your health. Volunteering gives you the opportunity to share your talents and give back to the community.
Things to Consider:
- EGSMC Volunteers must be at least 14 years old.
- Due to the in-depth nature of the application and training process as well as the costs involved, we require a six-month commitment. Volunteers are encouraged to commit to a regular and consistent volunteer schedule working a four-hour shift at least twice a month.
- The hospital requires each individual to undergo a background screen and TB test before being cleared to volunteer. To be accepted into the Volunteer Program, you must adhere to these requirements.
Getting started is easy! To apply:
- Call Volunteer Services at 303-689-5800 to have an application emailed or mailed to you.
- Submit the application to:
Exempla Good Samaritan Medical Center, c/o Volunteer Services
200 Exempla Circle, Lafayette, CO 80026
Once the application is received by the Volunteer Services Department, these steps will follow:
- Volunteers Services will call you to schedule an interview (usually done in a group setting) with the Director and Coordinator of Volunteer Services (1 ½ hours in length)
- Background check
- Two-step TB skin test and Drug Screening
- Volunteer Orientation (3 hours in length)
- Position assignment
- Site-specific training & competency assessment
In addition to having a heart for serving others, you must be at least 14 years old and be able to commit to at least 6 months of service.
Exempla Good Samaritan Medical Center
Department of Volunteer Services